Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Shoes and Spending the Holidays With Mode Merr

A very heart-felt Good Evening to You, Dear Readers,

Passover Table
Kiddie Table
  I hope your Spring Holidays were all wonderful and blessed. This year, I celebrated Passover (my favorite Jewish holiday) at the Piratical Fiance's Grandmother's house. I am not Jewish, but the Piratical Fiance is half Jewish, and so he says I am Jewish by injection. This year, since Grandma Betty had invited many guests to the Seder, the Piratical Fiance and I as well as his cousin were all banished to the Kiddie Table. I have never sat at a Kiddie Table, even when I was a kid, so it was kinda fun. Unfortunately, Elijah did not show up AGAIN! (I honestly do wait for him with anticipation every year.) The food was amazing as always. I don't know what everything is called, but I do like it all. (My boss insists that I am the only Gentile in the world that likes Matzoh and Gefilte Fish. He is Jewish and likes neither.)

Fabulous shoes and clothes!
   In addition to all this celebrating and fun, I looked fabulous! I threw together an outfit around an new pair of shoes. The shoes are Iron Fist mules. (A little side note here. I am a fan of Iron Fist. I love their clothes, however, I have a hell of a time fitting into their shoes. The Piratical Fiance has bought me 2 pairs as gifts and both had to go back, as they were too small, even though they were my size, which is an 11, for those of you who dont remember. I even spent an afternoon in Hootenanny in Harvard Square trying on every single pair of size 11 Iron Fist shoes they had with no luck and a lot of tears.) They are black and white plaid, with some ruffly yellow lace, a pink velvet bow and a pink skull to finish the whole look. I paired these with a bright blue Mode Merr Perfect Skirt, a black Old Navy mini cardigan and a lace camisole acquired at a thrift store. It was a perfect outfit and the ladies who were at Passover (all octogenarians) were amazed that I could walk in such tall heels and were all curious as to how tall I was without heels (5'9"). 



Walking Harvard Square
  The next event we had was a visit from the Piratical Fiance's younger brother from California. This demanded a family dinner out as well as another outfit centered around new shoes. This pair was also Iron Fist. These mules have red and black sequin skulls on them. (So cool!) The outfit that went with these shoes was a black Perfect Skirt and a red velvet Peasant Top. (When I chose this top, Angela looked at me and said, "Were you a romantic Goth?" How did she know? Since high school, I have had quite a weakness for all kinds of velvet. I suppose it has carried over to my adulthood. <3) Grandma Betty was horrified when she finally noticed my shoes on the walk back to her apartment through Harvard Square. She insisted that I would turn my ankle as well as ruin my feet. I did not turn my ankle that night, although she is probably right that I will at some point ruin my feet. The truth is that I have been wearing heels for so long that walking in flats is the tricky part for me. 


Cuz Ange says I am a Romantic Goth
   I need to say, Xpistos Avesti to all my Greek readers, although there probably are none. Greek Easter was last Sunday. Greek Easter generally falls after Catholic Easter and very rarely on the same Sunday. This year was the first year we ever had brunch out on Easter Sunday. We went to Stephie's on Tremont. I wore my black Mode Merr Perfect Skirt as well as a blue and white with black accents Sour Puss nautical shirt. This went with slightly more sensible shoes and one of my Victorian parasols. Sadly, no pictures were taken. I can tell you I got a lot of strange looks and even some rather rude comments. (Pssst...the secret to criticizing strangers in public is to WHISPER to your friends, not shout it at the top of your lungs.) I felt amazing, despite the comments and the looks and the enormous blister forming on my pinky toe, despite the deceiving sensibility of the shoes.  


Passover Dinner
   Life has been very busy this spring and it only seems to be getting busier. This weekend is the Boston Comic Con. I will be going with the Piratical Fiance and some friends. The Piratical Fiance will be pirating along with our friends. I however have elected to go as a Victorian Lady. I realize that it is not very comic-y, however this is not my scene. This will also be my first Con. I will most certainly be blogging about this impending adventure. 


   A friend also has an event coming up called, Spring Hue, Photography by Tracy King. http://www.facebook.com/events/190645637715916/ 
It will be held on Friday, April 27th at the Bulfinch Hotel. I modeled for this event (in Mode Merr of course) so come on by and take a look at some great photography. 

  Angela is finally home safe and sound from Viva Las Vegas. She came down with the flu while there and is finally on the mend. I will be posting more Mode Merr events as they arise. 


  I hope you are all well and enjoying this gorgeous weather. 


  Until Next Time, Dear Readers. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment