Sunday, April 29, 2012

Unique Photography with a Touch of Mode Merr

Good Sunday Morning to You, Dear Readers.

Spring Hue
My amazing bosses had a family vacation in Florida, so I had a much needed 5 days off. Plans to visit friends in Nantucket fell through. There was a lot of house cleaning, resting, Etsying, etc. Probably the most fun I had during these days off was going to Unique Photography's Spring Hue opening last Friday night.

One from my shoot
Unique Photography is my friend, Tracy King's business. She is a very amazing and talented photographer. I was flattered when she asked me to model for an upcoming show at Flat Iron Restaurant in the Bullfinch Hotel. The photo shoot was held at UMass Boston (my Alma Mater). (And yes, I did wear a black Mode Merr Peasant Top for the shoot.) All the models' make up was done by Makeup by Mau (pronounced Mo).


Getting ready to go. Candid shot.
The Piratical Fiance and I got ready for a fabulous evening. He wore spiffy new black and white Dr. Marten wing tips and a crisp new black shirt (both acquired at Hootenanny's going out of business sale. You have until May 5th to shop and get some great bargains. Get thee to Harvard Square and the Garage!). I wore a blue Mode Merr Perfect Skirt with a sugar skull applique and some cool hanging pompoms and ric rac. I had never worn that skirt before. I absolutely loved it and I am confident in revealing to you that I did indeed feel a very tiny bit like a pinata! 

New shoes!



Posing with my shots
Upon arriving at Flat Iron, I was instantly taken with the lay out of the show. Tracy had meticulously placed her framed and mounted photographs in strategic places on the walls. Some were on narrow strips of wall while others were on broader walls. Although all the photos were framed and mounted in the same way, they were all different sizes, which was very pleasing to the eye. There were snacks and very delicious cocktails and lots of people to schmooze with. (Oh yeah, I had 2 shots in the show!)

Tracy and I
The very best part of the evening was when Tracy's 4 year old niece came up to me (holding her uncle's girlfriend's hand) because she wanted to tell me (through her uncle's girlfriend, who she hid behind the entire time) that she really liked my skirt, my handbag and the flowers in my hair. I of course turned into a pile of goo! <3 I love kids and I love that they all like my Frankenstein purse! I think she may be a future Mode Merr customer. (I know her mom is one for a fact!)

Another from my shoot
If you were not at Flat Iron last Friday, and I know you weren't because I didn't see you there, Tracy's photography will be there for another month or two. You should go have some dinner at Flat Iron (I recommend having an Espresso Martini) and look at some beautiful art. If you happen to like a particular piece, they will be auctioned off, with all the proceeds being donated to charity. You will have amazing photography and you will feel good about your money going to charity. Everyone wins! (Just stay away from my shots...I want those.)

There are future plans for more photo shoots as well as an engagement photo shoot. I am excited about more modeling with a talented photographer. The bottom line is if you want family photographs, a portfolio, a wedding, baptism, party, or really any event that needs a photographer, do yourself a favor and get in touch with Tracy. She's amazing! Go like her on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/uniquephotobytk


Until next time, my dears. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment