Friday, January 20, 2012

An Entry of Shamelss Self Promotion

Good Friday Evening, Dear Readers, 

1940's Sterling Pin
    I am having a snug and cozy night with a hot cup of tea on the couch. This weekend (weather permitting) I am going to an antique show (for lack of a better word) in Wilmington. I am looking for specific things...Victorian Hair Jewelry, Parasols, Sleeping Beauties and maybe some Mid Century kitsch. 

Beige Girdle with Hidden Garters
   My love of vintage things started with my Grandmother she had lovely and interesting things from over the years, all of which I inherited after her passing 14 years ago. For years I refused to get rid of any of her things. Eventually I had to, however. And that is how MyYiayiaHadThat was born. 
  
    MyYiayiaHadThat is my vintage Etsy shop. What is Etsy, you ask? Etsy is an online community of handmade or vintage shops. Rules are strict. Handmade must be handmade by you or someone in your shop and vintage items must be at least 20 years old. I opened shop and filled it with things of Grandma's that I couldn't use or fit into. Granted it was hard selling her things, but since her things were going to people who were excited to get them, could use them and would give them new life, it hurt less. Of course, it also helped that money was coming in, as I was unemployed at the time. I went on to expand to some of my Grandfather's things as well as my mom's stuff. I have shipped items to all over the country as well as all over the world. My Etsy shop continues to do well. What is the point of telling you all of this?

Grandma's Italian Boots
   Last weekend, while getting ready to go to the Polynesian Pounce, I tried on my Grandmother's Long Line Bullet bra. (It is not my size, but some how, miraculously fits.) I was not wearing the right kind of sweater for a bullet bra (with hilarious results) and so I went with a regular bra. That got me thinking. What if Mode Merr fans would like some vintage undergarments to wear under their Mode Merr. And so dear readers, I have to offer to you, bullet bras, vintage slips, bloomers, girdles as well as a ton of accessories, shoes and jewelry. So go ahead. Take a look. You know you want to! 


http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyYiayiaHadThat

Strapless Long Line Boustier   


    So, while you are busy perusing my Etsy shop, keep in mind that Mode Merr is running a little sale. 
We are having a Perfect Skirt Sale on Select Fabrics. Ruby Brocade, Red Houndstooth and Brown & Gold . These skirts are available in raised and natural waist. Now only $60!!
    
    Get them while they last ladies! I hope all of you have a warm and safe weekend! As always, I do thank you for reading!
   Until next time. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment