Sunday, January 8, 2012

Why Hello There, It's Been Awhile!

Good Evening Dear Readers,
   
    I must begin this blog with an apology. I have not been able to keep up with blogging about my beloved Mode Merr due to life (which I will fill you all in on shortly). I really have missed blogging, as I found it a great creative outlet and a wonderful stress reliever. One of my New Year's resolutions was to get back to blogging. So here we go!

   In October, I moved to a new apartment. The place is adorable and decent sized. However it has had a million things go wrong with it in the 2.5 months I have been living here. To spare you the dire and at times nauseating details, the oven was broken, there is a rodent issue, the shower head broke and most recently the handle on the toilet does this trick where it just falls off... None of this would be SO bad if the land lord would actually do something about it. But no...it is up to me to arrange for repairmen, exterminators, etc and take the fees out of my rent. The landlord is crazy and has gone as far as to tell me where I can and cannot park on the street. Sigh.
  
Mode Merr Closet
   The first and no doubt most important thing I did when I moved in was set up my Mode Merr collection in its own section of the closet. This is not my entire collection. I have 2 dresses that I could not hang, and so they reside in the same closet, just in their own hanging cubicle. 

Costumed and Engaged
    On Halloween, the Piratical Boyfriend became the Piratical Fiance. I was a staked vampire and he was, of course, Captain Jack Sparrow. The whole thing was very us and fun. It will be a great story to tell our kids.  


Moo Cow. My latest creation.
    In November, I finally got a job. (Some of you may know that I got laid off from teaching about 4 years ago and have been trying to find stable employment ever since.) I am a nanny to an absolutely blissful 6 month old. She is wonderful as is her family. For the first time in my life, I actually look forward to going to work. I have started making my charge little felt finger puppets because they make her laugh so much.


Engagement dinner. Mode Merr in blue!
   In early December, the Piratical Fiance's grandmother threw us an engagement party where parts of our families met for the first time. It was a lovely evening, with great food and people that love us very much. And guess what? I wore Mode Merr! You can't see it so very well, but I am wearing a blue satin Perfect Skirt. It was the first time I wore it and I was immediately smitten!

Our pretty tree that we picked and lugged!
   Needless to say the end of 2011 was spectacular for me. My life has been completely turned around for the better. For the first time I hosted Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at my new apartment.  My life is blessed and I am grateful for it!


I hope she's there on Saturday!
   Well now it is the New Year. Like I said, one of my resolutions was to start blogging again. The other was to get out and socialize more often. Which I am planning on doing this coming Saturday, January 14th. The Midway Cafe will be hosting the Polynesian Pounce from 8 pm till 2 am! The Evil Streaks and The Skeleton Beats will be playing. Mode Merr will have a pop up boutique set up (think $20 bargain bin size xxs-xxxl). It's only $10 to get in. Remember, it is Hawaiian themed so wear your best hula skirt and coconut bra!


   A very happy and healthy 2012 to all of you! I hope to see you at the Midway on the 14th!
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment