Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pouncing Polynesian Style

Good Sunday Afternoon to You, Dear Readers,
    
    How many of you have gotten a flu shot? I have never had one until last Thursday. The new bosses asked me to get one. I agreed to but was hesitant. I have heard horror stories about people getting sick immediately after getting it. My fears were spot on! (Lately, I have been discovering that the fears I do have are completely legitimate.) I got sick and had to leave work early on Friday. I spent some much needed time in bed with AirBorne (berry flavor) and DayQuil. I was concerned that I would not be able to go to the Polynesian Pounce. But guess what? I felt better by Saturday afternoon and by 8pm I was off to the Midway.

The lovely Ramona
    I was a bit embarrassed that after living almost my entire life in Jamaica Plain, I had never been to the Midway. Despite the cold outside, the inside of the bar had been beautifully decorated (by Beck Rustic) and looked like a luau was about to go down. Most of the fellas were in Hawaiian shirts and most of the gals were in gorgeous Hawaiian style halter dresses. The bar tender was slinging pineapples (which I brilliantly called coconuts) filled with lots of booze. Beck was cool enough to be handing out leis. She even gave me a pink AND a green one to match my ensemble, because really the only thing Polynesian about last night's outfit was the fact that I placed some flower barrettes in my hair.

Mode Merr bargain bins
   I found Angela (and Mode Merr) right away. The bargain bins were overflowing with great pieces. A lot of the stuff was summery, which added to the whole warm weather vibe of the evening. I always enjoy going to events where Mode Merr is vending. Last night however seemed more fun than usual. The very best part of last night was meeting new people (which of course is what resolving to go out more frequently is all about).  I spent most of the evening with a really great couple who had just had a baby and was out for the evening, some friends of Angela's (always wonderful) and 2 hilariously funny and glamorous ladies. 

Doesn't my ass look fabulous?
The lovely Erin in a leopard bolero MEE-OW!
    When I wasn't socializing, I was assisting Angela in helping customers (new and old) find sizes or styles, answering questions and of course, showing off how great my ass looks in a Mode Merr Perfect skirt. Once again, there were a lot of sales and once again, buyers were beautiful ladies of all shapes and sizes. Part of my socializing last night was telling the story of how found Mode Merr and met Angela to one of her friends. When I finished my story, I told her that my one of my favorite things about Mode Merr is that the sizes are so vast as to fit a wide range of bodies. When I was 70 pounds heavier it was nearly impossible to find clothes, let alone clothes that I liked in my size. I had this wild fantasy that one day I would learn how to use a sewing machine and make all the styles I wanted for all sizes. Well, I never learned how to use a sewing machine (although I have hopes that I will one day) but I found Mode Merr, which is just as good! Angela's friend pointed out that the xxs to xxxl sizing is considerate. I could not agree more.  

    Something I notice every time I am at a Mode Merr event is that women tend to hold up clothing to their bodies that is absolutely too large for them. I saw it on 2 occasions last night. One of the lovely ladies I was assisting was trying on sizes medium and large. She came back and said these are too big (which I had thought in the first place). I suggested she try the small or even the extra small. It turns out the small was the size she needed. She was surprised that Mode Merr, "was cut for actual women's bodies" and "was consistent". GO ANGELA!!!!


Music! 
    If you were not at the Polynesian Pounce last night, you really missed out. The atmosphere, music and especially the company were all wonderful! 


   In the coming weeks, I plan on putting the Pop Up Mode Merr Boutique plan (which I will be hosting) into action with Angela. And of course keeping you informed of the new goings on at Mode Merr, events, and all other good things. 

   I hope you are staying warm on this bitterly cold Sunday or that you are reading this somewhere where it's not so very cold out. 

   Until next time. <3

5 comments:

  1. Hey gals, great meeting you last night and thanks for making me a star xx Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. And PS yes, your ass definitely looked fabulous. :> !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, thank you for being there! It was great to see you and I hope we see you again.
    Thanks for the ass compliment. I never tire of hearing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the fabulous butt comment. I would like to see more mode merr too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Anna we want to see you again too!!

    ReplyDelete