Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Events With Mode Merr and Antique Adventuring

Good Evening to You, Dear Readers.

Mode Merr has some upcoming events. Pull up a seat and take a gander.
Philadelphia Tattoo Convention
Mode Merr will be at the Philadelphia Tattoo Convention... www.tattooedkingpin.com. Mode Merr will be sold out of Miss Ruth's Time Bomb Boutique. Take a peek here: www.missruthstimebomb.com. Angela will be there. She will be helping out at the Martha Rotten booth. Martha Rotten makes really beautiful jewelry. Find it here: www.martharotten.com. Have fun perusing all these great sites. If you find yourself in Philadelphia February 10th -12th, go to the Tattoo Convention (they are tons of fun, trust me!) and get you some Mode Merr!

The next event is Viva Las Vegas! What is Viva Las Vegas, you ask? Well, it's a Rockabilly weekend, in where else, but Las Vegas Nevada! www.vivalasvegas.net. Angela has been vending at this event for the past 6 or 7 years. She will be selling Mode Merr there once again. This event (that I really, really, want to go to) will be held April 5th to the 8th. There will be burlesque, music, a car show, etc. I am salivating as I type!!

Angela also wanted me to whisper in your ear that something is in the works for a Mode Merr event in Providence, Rhode Island. Things are in their early stages, but once I know what is up, so will you. 
We will be inside, not getting snagged on fences
Probably the most exciting news I have to relay to you is that I am hosting a Mode Merr Pop Up Boutique at my home on Saturday, February 18th. The event will run from 4pm till whenever we are done. There will be some munchies and some drinks. There will be over flowing bargain bins, as always, regularly priced merchandise, tattoo prints, and Martha Rotten jewelry. Most importantly, there will be a lot of really great ladies having a really great time! It is a private event, but if you would like to be invited, please get in touch with me and I will invite you. 

Amazing Surrey
Now that all the business stuff is out of the way, I must tell you about my adventures at the Antique Show last week. It was a learning experience, as I had never seen some of the items that were being sold. I saw a Colonial Era silver serving dish with dragons on either side of it, a Pre-Civil War Era leather pouch, which had all its everything (fascinating), white wedding slippers, etc. etc. The most interesting thing I saw was a black surrey. It was museum condition. Asking price was $3000. The seller was willing to sell at a lower price, but alas I have no place to store such a huge thing. I was completely taken with the oldness and grandness of it. All it needed was a horse, a driver and me riding in it.

My Hair Wreath
Sadly, there were no parasols nor was there any Post Mortem photography, although I asked till I was tired of saying, "Post Mortem Photography" and repeating that phrase, since no one ever understood what I was saying the first time around. I did however find an ABUNDANCE of Victorian Mourning Jewelry. (Yes, the kind made of hair.) The majority of it was in good shape, but vendors were asking rather high prices. I stumbled across a seller who had books. I found tucked among the books an oval frame. In the frame was hair arranged in a floral design. Next to the hair was a picture of a little girl. On the back was written a date and "Florence, aged 5". I brought it up to the man and asked how much. Because I was overwhelmed with sorrow for poor Florence, aged 5 who was so young and had such lovely blonde curls, I began to cry. Yes, the girl asking everyone for Post Mortem Photography, wept openly for little dead Florence, aged 5. However, little Florence, aged 5 was not dead the seller told me. He had gotten the floral hair from her mother. Aged 5 was when Florence's hair was cut. Well I hate to sound like this, but all appeal for Florence, aged 5 went out the window. My tears dried instantly. The very nice man smiled and said, "Well I do have something morbid for you, if that is what you like." He directed me to the floor, where he had placed a shadow box, quite out of sight. (Perhaps to keep it from public view, where people may recoil at it, but I like to think that he placed it there so it could wait for me to buy it.) In the shadow box was a Victorian Mourning Wreath made of hair with a little white ribbon. I instantly wanted it even though the shadow box is banged up and there is some staining inside. (I brought the wreath home for a whopping $50 dollars. The man dropped the price because he liked me and he didnt want to cart it back and forth.) I am madly in love with the piece and cannot wait to hang it on the wall. 

I also managed to get the Piratical Fiance his anniversary gift. I will not tell you what it is here, just in case he reads this Blog entry, but I will tell you it used to be alive!!!
And so, dear readers, I hope to see you at some of these events, although I will only be at the ones local to Massachusetts. (No funds, no time!!)

I hope you are all well and just tucking into your dinners. 
Until next time... <3

    

No comments:

Post a Comment