Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yet Another Gentle Reminder and What to Wear With Your Mode Merr

Good Evening Dear Readers,
  
     After the glamorousness of modeling at the Fall Fashion Spectacular I am left feeling very un-glamourous on this humid Wednesday. I found myself folding the Piratical Boyfriend's work clothes and thought, what happened? I was a fashion model this weekend! Reality happened, my dears. I figured the only way to feel more glamorous was to fix myself a cocktail, drink it out of a fancy glass and write a Mode Merr blog. (It seems to be working!)

    I would like to remind you all that Angela will be at the Bust Magazine  Craftacular in New York this very weekend. Here is all the info:

The BUST Magazine Craftacular is thrilled to be a part of the 2nd Annual World Maker Faire New York! Stop by for the best in handmade jewelry, specialty foods, cards, clothes, posters, and housewares. Plus: DJs, demos, and more!

For more information about World Maker Faire, including how to purchase tickets, visit makerfaire.com.

Saturday and Sunday, September 17-18, 2011
Flushing Meadows, Corona Park
Queens, NY



     For those of you who were too far away, maybe in New York, to have joined us last weekend, this is a great way to redeem yourself! Go say, "Hey" to Angela. Introduce yourself. Tell her you love her clothes. Tell her you read the blog. At the end of it all, you should buy something, because, damn it, you deserve to look super hot in Mode Merr!

The author wearing Mode Merr at a photo shoot
     Now, where exactly should you wear your Mode Merr? I have worn my Mode Merr literally everywhere. I have worn it to job interviews, holiday work parties, my father's birthday dinner, dinner with the Piratical Boyfriend's family, out clubbing (of which I am proud to report that I had the longest skirt in the club!) out shopping, photo shoots, on a merry-go-round (which I don't recommend, as I had to do some repairs to the slit in the skirt as I was not allowed to sit side saddle and everyone behind me got a free show!!) and I even plan to wear it to Temple with the Piratical Boyfriend's 90 year old grandmother. 

The first 2 would be very appropriate for work
   I prefer to wear Perfect Skirts to job interviews and work situations. Basically, wear them where ever you want to impress and look polished. Stick to the more neutral or basic colors. You can never go wrong with black Perfect Skirt, which is my go to piece. Of course, I wouldn't pair that with a Peasant top for an interview or work. Select a nicely tailored blouse or a cashmere sweater if it is cold out. Of course there are some really great pieces in the Fall line for the office. 

Sacred Brocade. Aren't you feeling holy?
   A friend who was at the show wants to get (we were out of her size) a black Mode Merr dress that has a lace top and a lace hem to wear to a winter wedding. You could wear the new Sacred Brocade Skirt to Church (the institution, not the bar!!) or any type of Christian religious occasion. However, for going to Temple, I am going to stick with a Perfect Skirt.
 
The top on the first model is work appropriate!
   Our Fitted Peasant Tops are probably not what you want to wear to job interviews or work (unless you wear them under a jacket). This of course depends on the type of job interview or the type of job. Realize that I myself wore a black peasant top to my most recent interview. It was for a nannying position and on a very hot day. Mode Merr does make other tops that are more professional (See above).  

    Mode Merr can be worn to a variety of places, situations and events. They are very versatile clothes meant to be worn to more places than just car shows and roller derby, although those are excellent places to wear Mode Merr. Just be sure to always dress for the appropriateness of the occasion as well as what image you would like to project.

Snow White...NOT wearing Mode Merr
    You will notice that when you wear your Mode Merr, people look at you differently. They react to you differently as well. Is it because the clothes are so different and pretty? Do the ladies that wear Mode Merr seep a certain air of confidence? I don't know the answer. What I do know is that this stuff will get you noticed. Complete strangers will tell you they love your outfit. At the holiday party a co-worker told me I looked like a doll. At the family dinner with the Piratical Boyfriend's family, I was told by his father that I, "Look like Snow White...if she was a big girl."  Aside from both of us having puffed sleeves, red lipstick and black hair (and I think I was wearing a bow in my hair that night) there is no comparing us. She has a yellow skirt. I had a green one. She has a blue top. I had a black one. She has a cape. I had left my cape at home that night. Night and day. But then I thought, maybe Mikey has a point. I could always ask Angela to make a blue peasant top and a yellow skirt...I could be Snow White for Halloween. (My favorite holiday.) I took Mikey's observation as a compliment. I tell this story all the time. It is my favorite Mode Merr clothes story so far. Do you have a Mode Merr clothing story? If you do, I would love to hear it.  


    One more thing. We sadly have only 3 followers for our little blog. (That makes my heart hurt.) I know you all are reading it. So show your Mode Merr pride and follow us. It would make all of us at Mode Merr feel so much better. (I appreciate the 3 of you that are following as well all of you who are reading and saying such wonderful things about Mode Merr and this blog! You keep us going!)


  Until next time, my dears. <3




      

2 comments:

  1. I am following your blog! But I read so many that I use Google Reader to keep track of them all in once place. :-)

    I plan to write a post on my OWN blog when I get my first Mode Merr order in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, I am thrilled that you are following the Mode Merr blog. We really appreciate it. I had no idea you could follow along with Google Reader.(I am new to blogging.)
    Please let me know when you blog about Mode Merr. Id love to read it. What did you order??

    ReplyDelete